Tuesday, August 30, 2011

I'm not-so-dirty thirty



I'm still preggers!  
Our wee bebe is getting bigger and I'm getting crankier and way more absent minded and distractible. It's been cooler in Toronto for the past week or so, which has been heavenly for me.  

I'm just working on my labour playlist.  
I just added some Arthur Russell to the mix.  So far I've got some Joanna Newsom, Sea and Cake, Nick Drake, Will Olham/Bonnie Prince Billy, Wilco and a whole whack of Kraftwerk.  I have no idea why my mind is telling me to put Kraftwerk on there... I think it's the bebe's choice.  I think she'll hate sappy Wilco just like her daddy.  Oh yeah, and Brenda Ray is on my list.  So dreamy...




I've been cooking up a storm
and filling my freezer with meals.  I just made some curried Swiss chard, lentil and chick pea stew. I found the recipe here, on Epicurious. I love Epicurious for the recipe reviews, which I get modification tips from.
Last week I made a meaty bolognaise pasta sauce, my own improvised chili recipe that I've been working on for years, modified from my dad's recipe....
---and some badass banana bread from these bad boys.  I used this recipe from Epicurious.

Oh yeah---last Saturday I turned thirty.  
I met up with some of my peeps at my favourite brunch spot Aunties and Uncles.  They have incredible omelettes and amazing dilly potato salad that they service with a few black olives.  YUMMY!  Joe and I went to St. Lawrence market later in the afternoon to get some fresh peaches, then we walked around the CNE before going to a TFC game.  I had a fabulous alcohol-free birthday.  







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...