Monday, August 8, 2011

Children's Rooms Copenhagen and creative mamas and their offspring

So, I am in my 36th week of pregnancy and starting to feel very, very pregnant.  Each evening the baby  goes up a touch higher in my belly, hiding up under my ribs, going back down when I get out of bed in the morning.  The actual shape of my belly is so different at night.  My ribs are starting to hurt constantly.  My stomach is also feeling sore all over, causing me to really waddle now.  Oh yeah, and my feet are killing me and the joints in my hands are creaky and sore.

Oh poor me!  But soon enough I'll have a beautiful wee baby and I'm SO EXCITED!

The end is near, and I'm starting to think about what life with be like with a kid. Here are a few blogger moms who I find inspiring.

Tape Yourself Silly post on the Dos Family blog.

Oh yeah, and here's a photo from the Dos Family blog of the daughter's room.

And here's a photo of a playhouse featured on the Dos Family blog, designed by Havtorn Design.




Last week I discovered the Journals of Giddy Giddy, a blog written by a designer in California who about the creative projects she does with her kids.  

Lovely pastel tie dye experiments!


And my favourite, painting fabric and using it for sewing projects.  I think I will try this soon to make some cute pinafore-type dresses for our bebe.  


On Friday I had coffee with my friend Alex in the Junction at a lovely coffee shop named Crema. We stopped in at the Scandanavian/Japanese design shop called Mjolk (they also keep a great blog that I've been following for a while), where I bought the book "Children's Rooms Copenhagen", published by the Japanese design and illustration publisher, Paumes.

All the rooms showcased are light and airy, with light pine, maple or white painted floors, white walls and pops of bright colours -- everything I want our second floor to be.

Our light birch flooring is being installed as I write this!  Yeehaw!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...