Saturday, August 6, 2011

Hand-knit baby clothes and home reno - fab garage sale finds and subfloor

Joe is upstairs putting down a subfloor so the hardwood can be installed on Monday.  I feel a touch guilty that I am not up there helping him.  After the plywood subfloor is down it has to be screwed in every 6 inches to prevent squeaks. We worked on this together screwing down the subfloor on our first floor it was grueling. The best I can do it bring him is a sandwich from the Brazilian bakery at Dundas and Sheridan and a beer! We're also off to my Uncle's wedding later this afternoon. I'll post a photo tomorrow of how insane I look wearing a dress and heels with my huge belly. 

This spring I went a little nut-so buying baby stuff at garage sales.  I found some fabulous vintage hand-knit baby outfits that I'm going to try to wash this weekend.  My mom also just found a beautiful hand-knit outfit that my nana made that I wore home from the hospital when I was born. Thank god that my mom is washing that because the knitting is very fine and it's absolutely beautiful.  

Most of these outfits were bought from one person at a garage sale thrown by my brother-in-law's friend Morgan.  I bought a handful of outfits and when her garage sale was done Morgan gave me all her vintage baby clothes she didn't sell!  




These booties were knit years ago by Joe's grandmother before she died. She knit every grandchild a pair for their future kids.


Bye for now!
Lazer


3 comments:

  1. your baby is going to have such cute outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am crushing hard on that red dog sweater. great vintage finds!

    and thanks so much for your sweet congrats comment on my blog.

    i wish you the best of luck, energy, and comfort for your own last few weeks of pregnancy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice article, I enjoyed reading your post, very nice share, I want to twit this to my followers. Thanks!.
    Mother of the Bride Dresses

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...