Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Ivy's hand-me-down and handmade nursery tour


My dad made our crib!  So talented...
Three generations... photos of my nana, my mom and me as little girls.
The mocassins on the right were made for Ivy by my friend Allison and the little white mocassins were my sis-in-law Julie's when she was a baby.
Ivy adores this geometric mobile from Artecnica.  
She also loves this fisher-price wind-up musical TV.  

This dresser was in my room when I was a kid.


This activity centre thing was in Joe's crib when he was a wee babe. 

I started collecting these big-eyes kid pictures when I was a teenager and I have a huge collection of them. 

I love these ones because I like to think they look like Joe and I.
This rocker belonged to my Papa, who died about 10 years ago. It was the chair he sat in every night. I recovered the cushions with fabric I found at Ikea.  This rocker is the perfect breastfeeding chair. The quilt over the back was made for Ivy by my Nana. 
Ikea wall-mounted spice rack as front-facing bookshelves.  The dog and cat embroidery was made by my mom and hung in my room as a kid. My dad made the frame.
I went to a huge kids garage sale last weekend and found this awesome dinosaur dress.  I can't decide whether to keep it for Ivy or sell it in the shop.
I also bought these barrettes. Now Ivy just has to grow some hair! 
Found these little rain boots too.
My nana's friend gave us this kiddie set of two chairs and a table.  Awesome, eh? 



4 comments:

  1. This is my favorite kind of decorating--with meaning!!! I love that most of the things have a story with them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks amber! I can't wait until Ivy starts to understand where all of her things have come from. I always wonder about the backstories to all the vintage clothing I pick up too....

    ReplyDelete
  3. i LOVE ivy's room. it is so perfect for her! you did such an awesome job linds!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...