Tuesday, September 13, 2011

2 days overdue + Ben Cuevas knitting in the buff

Hello friends,

I'm 2 days past my due date and we're still waiting!  The bebe seems extremely comfortable and happy in my belly, except for her excessive hiccuping.  It's just after 8am and I'm feeling great.  Last night I was feeling SO crampy, heavy and uncomfortable.  In fact, every other night for the past two weeks I've been feeling increasingly miserable, thinking that I the bebe has to be coming soon. Then I go to bed and sleep like a dream and wake up feeling great.  I'm almost wishing I would have worked up until I have the baby because now I've already burned through two weeks of my maternity leave.  

My mind is so hazy that the days are just floating by.  I still can't believe there is a little person inside me and I have no idea what she looks like or what her mini personality will be like.  ARGHH!!! The anticipation is driving me nuts!  

My midwife visited yesterday. She is so lovely and makes me feel so relaxed.  She said the baby is doing great and that all the miserableness my body is feeling is my body working to prepare for labour. In fact, the baby's head is so low that she anticipates that my labour may be a bit shorter.

Off for my daily waddle around the neighbourhood....

But before I sign off, I want to share some work from the fibre artist Ben Cuevas.

Works in Progress Part III: The Genitosexual



Works in Progress Part V: Thyroid Etc.


Works in Progress Part I: Intestines


Jock Strap (a work in progress)

The artist, Ben Cueva, knitting in the buff. He is knitting this jock strap:

(more images of him knitting are on his website)

bye for now!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...